Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
with Daisy Girl.. <3
What are you truly THANKFUL for??
Today I'm thankful for sooo very much, it would be a book if I listed all that I am truly thankful for.. So, I will name just a few and continue on each Thankful Thursday.. :)
Today I am thankful for God's grace, my kids, my strength that God has given me to get through my storms, my family and my friends. ~to be continued next week.. lol.. ;)
Sometimes we need to SHOW more of how thankful we truly are instead of just saying it.. I'm gonna post a few ways to say Thank you, and feel free to add some ideas as well.. k!
Send a thank you card to someone
Send a package to a Soldier
Treat someone to lunch
Buy someone a gift..
How do you show your gratitude to people?
Melanie~Daisy Girl <3
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2010.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. Y ou have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or ba d a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up..
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about, I just did. :)
WIN A PRIZE WEDNESDAY with DAISY GIRL!!! <3
All you have to do is guess how many
are in the box!! :)
Closest person will win a free prize!!!
Don't forget to follow my blog
for TONS of
fun tutorials & free stuff!!!
GOOD LUCK!! :D
Winner will be anounced on FRIDAY!!!
Daisy Girl <3
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Today is Tutorial Tuesday with Daisy Girl. Today we will learn to make this cute tea light candle.. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This can be dangerous!! So please make sure there is an adult around, and you don't leave it unattended. Use caution and you are doing this at your own risk. I will not be help accountable for any accidents or injuries that could occur. Do not leave the pots on the stove, stay and supervise until flames are off!! DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING ON THE STOVE!!
You will be dealing with fire and hot wax. USE CAUTION!
Ok, let's get started.. Here are the supplies you will need.. I purchased all my items at the dollar store. I bought the little pots strictly for my candle making that why I don't mess up any of my pots.
In the supplies list we have tea lights, glass mug, tapered candles, cinnamon, wooden spoon, and two pots. If you want this to not only look like a hot cup of chocolate or a mocha, and want it to smell like one too. You will have to purchase scented tea lights.
Oh, and this can be VERY messy!! lol.
Melt the tapered candles in one pot, you can use paraffin wax instead but it's hard to find and more expensive. Cook it on low. It'll take a little time to completely melt.
Just remove wicks when it completely melted and take off fire and set aside let sit. Go back and stir it around while it's sitting so it doesn't harden back up to the pot.
Melt tapered candles in the second pot on low, and add cinnamon. It's up to you how much, just don't add too much. It's all for the color only.
Keep stirring cause the cinnamon wants to go to the bottom and it'll burn if you don't stir.
Let sit and cool some. (while stirring the clear wax a little as it cools)
Stir cinnamon mixture cause cinnamon will be at the bottom
then pour the cinnamon mixture into your glass mug.
Let it sit until it's hardened. It may sink in the middle but that's ok, cause it won't show.
Also if you notice the bottom getting darker, it's cause the cinnamon is at the bottom, sometimes I use the handle of the wooden spoon and gentle mix around without making the outside edges look bad.
While stirring the clear mixture as it cooled it should have ended up looking like this.
Continue to stir it around and make it as fluffy or bumpy as you can.
Add the clear bumpy wax on top of the cinnamon mixture,
mold it however fluffy or big you want it to be.
Mold a little spot for the tea light candle to fit.
Add tea light candle in the spot you made for it.
Sprinkle with cinnamon &
Hope you enjoyed learning how to make the candle.. I will have more tutorials on here on Tutorial Tuesdays!!! Hope to see you back!!
Daisy Girl <3
Monday, January 10, 2011
Today is Motivation Monday!!! I will be adding motivation words, to uplift and inspire you to keep moving fwd in this journey of ours we call life.. I hope it helps.. <3
Vince Poscente ---
" Walking your talk is a great way to motivate yourself. No one likes to live a lie. Be honest with yourself, and you will find the motivation to do what you advise others to do."
Vince Poscente ---
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Hi Guys!! I'm finally adding some stuff on Etsy. It's not yet exactly how I want things to be, but I'm gonna start instead of wait for a perfect time, because there seems to not be one.. lol.
I'm introducing my Faithful Lil' Critters Line.. So keep watching... I have tons more stuff to add and create for it!! Thanks & God bless!!!
Daisy Girl <3
Friday, January 7, 2011
It's been a tuff year for my kids and I.. My sister has been a true blessing in our lives. Christmas was simply AMAZING!!! Woke up to go on a scavenger hunt and it was a blast as always.. Ended up at my sisters to open so many great presents!! Then another scavenger hunt for everyone this time.. Ended with a gift, as we opened our presents, they were luggage, pj's traveling stuff and a day pass to DISNEYLAND!!! We would leave the next morning!! So, day after Christmas headed up to LA and enjoyed the evening and then spent the next day in the Happiest Place on Earth!! <3